Saturday, March 26, 2011

Waiting for Release

Orion has finished his fourth chemo cycle, two more to go! If he is well hydrated we should be back in the apartment by 9:30 tonight. He has been very tired and his appetite has been poor. His tumor markers of AFP and HcG have fallen to normal.

Next week is rest and relaxation with a few doctor visits to the clinic for blood work and a special one to have a baseline neuropsychology study done prior to proton therapy which is pencilled in for the end of May after Commencment at Swarthmore.

1 comment:

  1. I came to your blog by way of the Yahoo Germcell group. If we were to make a few exchanges (Denver for Boston; female for male; University of Colorado for Swarthmore; pure for not-so-pure germinoma), you could be living/telling our story.

    A year ago, 20-year-old Lianna was just starting chemo; last August, she finished radiation. Now she’s back at Boulder as a full-time student (& I’m back in California). We have seen no lingering effects. Her hearing is fine, her fertility seems likely, & she has lots of cute blond curls. She still procrastinates on most of her assignments, but I’m afraid that may be genetic & can’t be blamed on the cancer or its cures.

    Your journal entries remind me very much of the emails I was sending out a year ago: full of hope, confusion, & humor. It was a good combination for us & I hope it is serving your family as well.

    Please feel free to contact me if you think I can provide any further information. I’ll be thinking of you.

    --Linda
    linda.albright@att.net

    ReplyDelete