Saturday, March 12, 2011

Uneventful is Good

All of you blog readers are probably wondering, "Did Steve fall off the edge of the earth? Where is he?" Well, we traded places. He's at home, painting the condo, and I'm here with Orion, not posting. Sorry, but we're happy things are going well and there's not much to say.
I set up a little office in the bedroom so that I could be a telecommuter. I've certainly enjoyed the fast Internet and my new iPhone, AND getting to be with Orion all day, but I miss the face-to-face of office life.
Dinner with Susan Wednesday was a lovely diversion. There's just a comfortable feeling being in a home. And we can always count on a fabulous dessert from Susan. Yum.
In medical news, we had two office visits where blood and history were taken. It was nice for me to meet all the incredible medical staff whom I've been hearing about. Orion walks into the clinic and everyone says hi. He doesn't need to tell anyone his name. Now there's a mixed blessing! Orion's white blood count continues to stay high, and one of the cancer markers has plummeted to "normal". Such good news that we've been released for 11 days until the next chemo cycle. We're headed home this morning!
Our treat to ourselves yesterday was lunch at Toscono's for Boston's Restaurant Week. A lovely meal and great service on Charles St. I offered Orion wine with lunch, but he declined, saying it didn't seem like a good idea just before a blood test.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sally and Orion....no news is good news works for me! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, I am glad you figured out how to mix work with being with Orion for his medical appointments so you could participate more in his care and meet his care providers. 11 days. Sounds great. Enjoy them all. I imagine that special lunch was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you 3 are all at home together right now. I think about all 3 of you daily.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete