Monday, March 28, 2011

Rest and Wild Foods Week



Our dinner this evening during rest and recovery week. He was pretty battered this cycle of Etoposide and Ifosmaside. More fatigue and more nausea than previous cycles. So I was looking for some fun and dubbed this wild meats week. We walked through Boston Common today, finding some signs of spring in this colder than average March. Daffodils, crocus, tulip leaves are up. Robins are everywhere. I found a song sparrow and grackles. A few days ago from Orion's room I spied the peregrine falcon pair who nest on the Custom House tower. I also picked off an osprey high above the Hancock Tower. Spring. It is TOO cold and windy so it was a relief to reach Savenors on Charles street, our goal. We pawed over the rattlesnake, lion, boar, squab, elk, kangaroo and god knows what else before settling on the Llama for dinner.

So in the photo are Llama roast, green beans, pilaf, Choyote with caramelized onions and roast red potatoes. Yep, that is how we live!




I have always loved helicopters, starting in the early 1950's when they landed in my housing project yard for rescue operations during Hurricane Diane. So every time I am in Orion's room in Ellison and I hear loud rotor noise I run to the opposite side of the building to see the lifeflights coming in. I am addicted.

2 comments:

  1. Does that helipad say "MHG" on it? Some typo!

    Thanks for keeping this blog. I'm glad I can follow what's going on without having to bug you for news. Good luck, Orion! Make sure your nurses "scrub the hub!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing selection in that shop! Looks like Orion will be getting a great range of immune-boosting nutrients from those critters before the week is done. I am always thrilled to read the positive reports and my thoughts are with you all.

    ReplyDelete