Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Another Day, Another Chemical

I just left Orion in the good hands at MGH for the night. He is in for five days taking chemo cycle number 4, Ifosfamide and Etoposide with some side orders of Mesna. All went well. The Etoposide always causes his blood pressure to drop at first and then his good body seems to say, "ah I know this" and responds, bringing his keel back to plumb. As I left I noted his roommate seems to need a nurse sitting by the bedside. She, Emily, is another skilled and caring nurse so I felt even better. Out in the hall I announced my departure to Orion's assigned nurse, our favorite Karen, and she said, oh, not spending the night with us? A tease. More of this through Saturday with release on Sunday.

Next week is rest and relaxation in the condo on Beacon Hill. Orion is looking forward to "wild meats of the world week", supplied by Savenor's, Julia Child's favorite butcher. I shall be the chef and waiter.

1 comment:

  1. Having chemo and thinking of food. That seems so alien to me! But we know Orion is unique.

    Linda T.

    ReplyDelete