Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Well Hellooooo Nurse!




Here is Orion with my personal favorite nurse Karen. I swear she put on makeup today for me.

I am also quite sure that the nurses, who love Orion, saved the window bed for him in 6b on Ellison 18. Wonderful views.

Tonight he starts cycle two chemo. He gets Etoposide, aka VP16, which he had last time as part of the cocktail. The new one is Ifosfamide, a nasty one that damages his bladder lining along with the cancer, so he gets a third cocktail ingredient called Mesna to counteract this. He is his usual stoic figure, serene in all his aspects.

I will head home to the apartment after the vp16 which causes blood pressure problems. Tomorrow I need to stick by the rooms to await the delivery of his million dollar Neulasta shots, delivered by courier in a cooler.

2 comments:

  1. I see that he's starting up a new harem. How incorrigible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Orion, we are following along the best we can trying to read everything that comes along on your blog and study the internet for information on the information. I didn't know, before all this started that you were interested in the University of Chicago. Both my parents went there as well as one of my grandparents and I went to their "Lab" school when I was a little kid. We lived just a few blocks away and I was (gasp) allowed to walk there alone when I was 5. (Lucky thing they didn't arrest my parents?) But it is a cool town, and easy to get to on the train. We used to go back and forth between my parents family's on the 20th Century Limited and the Lake Shore Limited. They were grand old trains at that time, with velvet seats and white table cloths and silver on the tables. We had a bedroom and were even allowed to bring our pets right onto the train. It was a wonderful trip as a kid. We loved the part between Albany and New York along the Hudson. It seemed like a Medieval Castle paradise as we went along in the early am or the early evening on the way back to Chi Town. I lived there (or in the area) until I was 10 and we went back often to visit my mother's side of the family.

    Well Paul and I have both been sick with colds, so we have been inside stoking the woodstove trying to sweat it all out. Is there anything you would like to have that we could send to you? We listen to lots of old detective stories and Lincoln Rhimes Stories. SO let us know if there are any you are interested in.

    We are thinking about you, Paul suggest, Vanishing Act form that series. Take care, and get well.

    Love you,
    Annie and Paul

    ReplyDelete