Wednesday, February 2, 2011

An Explosive Awakening

The day of the big storm. We were awakened early by the backfiring of Suffolk University's snow brush clearing our sidewalks. It's report is indistinguishable from that of a .22 pistol. So the first time I heard it I thought WTF. Then I thought, well we are not Winning The Future with that small engine maintainence. This noise is right outside Orion's window so to most it would be torture. Not Orion. He shrugs it off with a grin.

Our street is like a little dream world because whichever Suffolk staff member is in charge of keeping the street clear is dedicated and obsessive. My kind of lunatic. May spring come soon.

A secondary explosion took place when I prematurely released the espresso cup while there was still one last spit of steam left. The coffee dust expanded like the first big bang and deep brown specks were deposited all over me, the counter, the butter in it's dish. This caused us both to laugh. There is also the serendipitous discovery of "coffee butter", a unique toast topper for the caffeine addicted.

3 comments:

  1. I so enjoy my morning smiles when I read the latest "Adventures of the Boston Boys". Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee butter: it could catch on. You may yet be millionaires! You all have become MY morning coffee. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we had obsessive snow cleaners in Berlin. Long gone.

    ReplyDelete