Sunday, February 6, 2011

Parting thoughts from sister-blogger Rachel

I'm back from my trip to Boston (although not much time was spent in Boston at all), and thinking about my wonderful family. I'm so proud of my brother Orion, who is calm, brave and quick-witted. He may have temporarily lost his hair, but he will always have his sense of humor, work ethic, kindness, and too many other good traits to list. Steve and Sally each have their own set of problems and woes, but they are able to instantly set these aside and comfort each other - Steve does chores for poor Sally, home alone all week with a full time job and way too much to do; Sally greets us weary travelers with a great meal and a lively conversation. Orion, Nate and I are lucky to have tough, supportive and only slightly crazy parents. We are all lucky to have all of you reading this and offering your love and support. Love, Rachel.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Rachel. Seems that you got those funny (last blog message) and touching genes yourself. Lucky you. Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I know they are lucky to have you.
    Thanks for the blogs. I love your perspective.
    Linda T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog Rachel, enough to warm the heart of any sibling or parent. You are a sweetheart.

    Love to all of you:
    Annie and Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry that you're leaving the Ashfield stomping ground. I do enjoy your perspective and imagine that wonderful devious smile you often display. Great medicine for all. Wishing you well with your studies as with Mr. O's
    Love Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend Sally can do anything! It's no wonder all of you are high-achieving wonderful people!

    ReplyDelete