Friday, December 23, 2011

Home for the Holidays!

Orion is home for a week! We all spent eight months with him in his fight against brain cancer and then he was off on his own, alone for four months. He found an apartment, fed and cared for himself, had a clean MRI and HcG, AFP blood tests AND completed successfully three classes in his graduate program at the University of Michigan. He has also been offered a summer research position with Gordy Kane, a leading world expert on string theory.

GOODBYE to 2011, bookended by the cancer 12 months ago and his academic victories today.

2 comments:

  1. Orion, I am glad you are doing great. I just commented on your blog from---Google this NGGCT

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Christmas Eve and I have spendt the past hr. 1/2 reading your whole blog and your victory against cancer. My nephew, Cole, was diagnosed with NGGCT. Craig is my brother. They have a wonderful support group and I have every confidence in the world Cole will make a complete recovery. It will be one hell of a road for us the next 8 months, but Cole is a fighter. Thank you and happy holidays. Connie

    ReplyDelete